Do you plan to set up e.g. production facilities or R&D in Hungary? Or do you already have Hungarian colleagues and business partners?
Even though Hungary isn’t geographically far from Denmark the cultural distance is quite large. This is a fact that surprises many Danish-based companies that already have global activities and don’t expect to encounter significant cultural differences in another European country.
Hungarian cultural training ensures that you get maximum benefit from your Hungary-related activities – whether you’ve been active in Hungary for several decades, or you’re brand new to the Hungarian market. The training is based on your specific issues and gives you practical solutions to the challenges you face.
What are the benefits of Hungarian cultural training?
Your organization will:
- Achieve greater efficiency and productivity in Hungary-related projects
If you face challenges when collaborating with Hungarian colleagues or partners, then you’ll learn how to tackle them, and you’ll discover how to benefit from the cultural differences – increasing the efficiency and productivity of your Hungary-related projects.
- Increase your cultural intelligence – and achieve greater job satisfaction
Get an insight into Hungarian culture that extends far beyond the stereotypes. And become aware of your own culture and how you react when you encounter other cultures. This results in fewer frustrations and greater job satisfaction in Hungary-related work. Read more about our approach to culture here.
- Utilize Best Practice and build a common frame of reference
Share your experiences of collaborating with Hungarian colleagues and partners. Establish and benefit from Best Practice. And acquire a common frame of reference so that you can handle Hungary-related activities more effectively across the organization.
- Achieve visible and long-lasting results
You’ll learn before, during and after the training, and work on your own real-life challenges and cases all the way through the programme. These are some of the reasons why Hungarian cultural training creates visible and long-lasting results. Read more about how we ensure the training achieves its objectives.
As a participant you will:
- Increase your cultural self-awareness – learn about your own culture first!
Become aware of your own cultural baggage and everything you take for granted. This is essential to finding the key differences between the Hungarian culture and your own culture, and learning how to deal with them constructively.
- Strengthen communication and collaboration with Hungarian colleagues and partners
Learn what silence means and when to break it. Find out when it’s important to get things in writing. Learn how to best give feedback and when negative feedback isn’t worth the effort! And master the art of building strong relationships and trust with Hungarian colleagues and partners, so that you can create better results together.
- Recognize the typical pitfalls when doing business in Hungary – and learn how to avoid them
Learn to recognize the typical pitfalls when working in Hungary e.g. when holding meetings, concluding agreements and distributing tasks. And learn how to avoid them, saving you time and money.
- Experience Aha! moments: “Now I get it!”
Do you have difficulty getting Hungarian colleagues to take responsibility? Have you experienced that mistakes have been concealed? Have you ever met resistance in your Hungary-related projects? The training gives you insight to why your Hungarian colleagues and employees react the way they do – allowing you to adjust your behavior accordingly.
- Acquire practical tips and tricks
You’ll get a lot of practical tips and tricks that will contribute to greater success in your daily work e.g. how to train Hungarian colleagues, how to follow up on agreements, or how to prepare for a visit to your local site.
- Discuss your specific projects and challenges
Get advice on your Hungary-related projects and challenges from trainers who have extensive hands-on experience of Hungarian culture. Meet our trainers here.
- Acquire tools that will make you more effective in all types of global work
The training will equip you with practical tools that are not only useful in your collaboration with the Hungarians, but in all tasks where you work cross-culturally. They are simple and easy to use. Whether you’re online or offline, whether you have to prepare for one meeting or long-term collaboration – they will always be close at hand. See one of them here.
Practicalities about Hungarian cultural training
We start by identifying your Hungarian cultural training needs and then design a programme within the framework that you have set out.
We define the training’s target audience, duration, learning objectives, content, and time and place in close cooperation with you. The training (face-to-face or virtual) can be anything from a single half-day workshop to a longer programme of 2-3 full-day modules – depending on the results you want to achieve.
We also offer Hungarian cultural training as open workshops at your company, so you can create cohesion in your Hungary-related activities across departments, functions and levels.
The training is always customized – not just for your organization, but for each and every participant. Below are some examples of what we can work on.
Typically, we cover the following:
- Cultural awareness starts with self-awareness
- Practical cultural models, e.g. the ‘4R Model’ and the ‘Cultural Investigator’
- Key differences between Hungarian culture and your own culture – and how these differences can present opportunities for innovation
- Similarities and shared values – what do we have in common across our national cultural differences?
- Communication: Agreements and deadlines; business meetings; face-to-face communication vs. virtual communication; the language barrier; body language
- Hierarchy in the Hungarian society and the Hungarian organization: Who makes decisions? How is responsibility distributed? Who should you involve if you want to make things happen?
- How do you build relationships with your Hungarian colleagues and business partners – and why is it important?
- Handling misunderstandings, disagreements and conflicts with Hungarian stakeholders
- Your specific projects, cases and questions relating to your activities in Hungary – and informative examples of what went wrong and what went right for others
We can also work on:
- Hungarian history: What role does history play for your Hungarian colleagues and their self-awareness?
- Hungary today: Economy, politics, authorities; education; social security; family life
- Important differences in the Hungarian community: City/countryside, younger/older generations, men/women
- The negotiating culture: Create good results when negotiating with Hungarian business partners
- The best way of recruiting, motivating and retaining Hungarian key employees
- Training Hungarian colleagues
- How do Hungarians typically perceive their Danish colleagues?
- Who should adapt to whom and how if you experience cultural differences between your Danish headquarters and your local site in Hungary?
- Business etiquette e.g. dinner engagements, small talk topics, gifts, dress code, greetings and titles
Want to know more?